Backup your database and site
Make sure you have a complete backup of both your Magento database and your installation files. The changes are small that a problem during installation causes a big problem with your installation, but it is always good to have a backup available where your can rely on.
Disable Magento Compiler
If you are using Magento’s compilation mode on your store, you must first disable it. Go to System->Tools->Compilation. If the compiler status is ‘Disabled’, you are ready for the next step. If not, click the ‘Disable’ button on the right hand side of the screen.
Upload extension files
Unzip the downloaded extension package and upload the extracted files with your favorite FTP client to the root of your Magento installation.
Clear Magento cache
Navigate to System-> Cache Managment. Select all available 'Cache Types', select the mass-action 'Refresh' and click 'Submit' to refresh all caches.
Login into Magento Backend
After your refreshed the cache, you need to logout and login again.
- Backorder status: This is the status used when there is an item found that has a backorder Qty.
- Do not set backorder status for: Here you can specify the different statuses that you want to exclude from checking for backorders
- Only update status when invoiced: By default the Backorder Status extension only checks an order if it has been invoiced, if you want to check orders before they are invoiced set this option to 'No'
- No backorders status: When no backorder items are found in an order, the status will be set to the status selected here
The orders are checked for backorder items thru the Magento cron setup, make sure that the cron is configured and running. For information on how to setup a cronjob in your environment please contact your hosting provider
When is an order checked
Depending on the configuration set above all orders are marked to be checked in the following conditions:
- When a new order is created
- When the Stock Qty is updated for an item that is marked as backorder
- When the backorder qty for an item is changed manually
When an order is marked, they will be checked every time the Magento cron is started. When an item has a backorder qty specified the extension will first check if the product stock qty is sufficient, if so the stock amount is decreased and the backorder qty is removed. The order status is updated depending on if there are backorder items found in the order to the status selected above.</>
How to manually change the backorder Qty
If you need to change the Backorder Qty for an order item by hand this can be accomplished by navigating to the 'Backorder Items' tab on the 'Order View' page. Here you can specify the new Backorder Qty per item. When done click on the 'Save Backorder Qty' button to save your changes.
How to add new stock
When you receive a new shipment of products in your warehouse, you need to update the product stock amount thru the 'Inventory tab' for that product. As the Backorder status extension will decrease the stock qty for you, it is important to enter the new amount received. After saving the new stock qty all orders that have backorders listed for this product will now be checked again and updated as long as there is enough stock qty available and the order status will be updated.