Easy Order Pick&Pack
Note: click on any image for an enlargement and full image gallery that you can easily swipe through!
The Genmato Easy Order Pick & Pack extension should make picking and packing your customer orders a breeze. Locate, pick, scan and ship directly from your smartphone or tablet. Easy Order Pick and Pack will plan the most efficient pick routes in your warehouse. From the easy-to-use smartphone interface you can complete all packaging steps and ship your order directly. This Magento extension will save you time and warehouse miles / kilometres ;-)
This manual should make Installment. Configuration and Usage easy for you. If you disagree let us know [email protected] and we’ll help you trough. If you do not wish to install and setup the extension by yourself please note that we do offer paid Installation and Configuration Support (you can choose both as a separate option when ordering the extension).
Backup your database and site
Make sure you have a complete backup of both your Magento database and your installation files. The changes are small that a problem during installation causes a big problem with your installation, but it is always good to have a backup available where your can rely on.
Disable Magento Compiler
If you are using Magento’s compilation mode on your store, you must first disable it. Go to System->Tools->Compilation. If the compiler status is ‘Disabled’, you are ready for the next step. If not, click the ‘Disable’ button on the right hand side of the screen.
Upload extension files
Unzip the downloaded extension package and upload the extracted files with your favorite FTP client to the root of your Magento installation.
Clear Magento cache
Navigate to System-> Cache Managment. Select all available 'Cache Types', select the mass-action 'Refresh' and click 'Submit' to refresh all caches.
Login into Magento Backend
After your refreshed the cache, you need to logout and login again.
Admin sections for the Easy Order Pick & Pack extension
You’ve installed the Easy Order Pick & Pack extension and have logged in into the Magento admin. The following new menu items have been added:
- Tools -> Orderpicker Logging.
Here you will find logs from picked orders that have been completed. It will give you useful insights into various details, like how long it took to pick an order, and tracing back stock differences.
- The Genmato configuration tab under System -> Configuration
In the Order Picker section you will be able to configure all settings. We’ll explain the configuration setup in the next section “Configuring Easy Order Pick & Pack”
- Product management: Inventory details tab.
In this tab you can add the shelf location for each separate product. This location will show up in the Pick & Pack interface (see section: The Order Pick & Pack interface) .
- Sales -> Order Pick & Pack
This is the actual order picker interface. The order picker screen will only show up once you have assigned a user to it (see for more details the next section “Configuring Easy Order Pick & Pack”) If you haven’t assigned a user role you will be redirected to the configuration screen from here.
- Sales -> Orders -> Order Picker Collo Qty
The Easy Order Pick and Pack extension adds an extra tab “Order Picker Collo Qty” to the Order View. This tabs shows the Pick and Pack details for each order.
- Order statusses
The Pick & Pack extension adds new order statuses to the available Magento order statuses:
- Picking order
- Waiting for Order Picking
- Pick& Pack ready
- Pick & Pack
- Waiting for Pick& Pack,
- Packing Order
- Waiting for Order Packing
Configuring Easy Order Pick & Pack
Time to configure! Before you start it’s important to know a few basic concepts of our extension:
- Easy Order Pick & Pack is designed as a stand-alone Pick & Pack tool for tablet and mobile devices
- The Pick & Pack function can only be used once you’ve assigned Magento users to it (see instructions below). We have created the user role “Genmato OrderPicker” to make this easy for you.
- We advise to assign specific Magento users that only have access to the the “Easy Order Pick & Pack” extension. These users will then only see the Pick and Pack functions when accessing the Magento back-end. This is especially important when you want to use the extension on your smartphone, because you will be redirected to the mobile optimized Pick & Pack functions right away, instead of having to ‘touch’ your way through the non-mobile optimized Magento backend.
Step 1: Configure the Genmato Easy Order Pick & Pack Extension
The default configuration settings for the Genmato Easy Order Pick & Pack Extension can be found in the System -> Config page under the Genmato tab (Order Picker). The configuration page contains the following settings:
- Website Select
This setting defaults to ‘no’ and you only have to configure this when you have multiple websites configured for your Magento store. If set to ‘yes’ you will be able to pick and pack orders per website. In that case the Easy Order Pick and Pack user interface will show an extra option to allows the order picker to only pick orders from a specific website. This option supports a Pick and Pack workflow for those merchants who prefer to handle their orders on a website basis (for example when they have different stock locations or just prefer to organize order handling this way)
- Order Picking Timeout
This is the time in which an order must be picked before it ‘s status is reset to " Ready for Pick & Pack " . This setting can be adjusted for each picker individually in the user settings (see below).
- Default Collo Qty
Is set default to "1" which should fit any requirement. Some merchants might always ship a minimum of 2 packages (colli) per shipment. In that case you can adjust the settings here. Every time you add another package (collo) the Easy Order Pick and Pack extension will add one package (collo) to the Default Collo Qty.
- Maximum Extra Collo Quantity
In case you don’t wish to exceed a specific number of packages per shipment this is the place where you can set this maximum. Before we explain the next settings (order status) we will explain the difference between the modes Pick and Pick & Pack. The idea is to split the Pick and Pack process between a person who only picks (collects all the shippable items in the warehouse an brings them to the packaging area) and a person who only packs the goods for shipment. This is an efficient setup where you collect the same products for different orders together instead of picking on an order by order basis.
- Order Status Ready For Pick
This is the order status for Pick only mode. It defines which orders will show up in the Pick Interface (See section “Easy Order Pick & Pack Interface”). You only have to bother about this option when you decide to split the Pick & Pack processes. Configuration depends on your specific order flow and order status settings. This setting defaults to “Waiting for Order Picking”.
- Order Status During Pick
This is the order status for Pick only mode. It defines which orders will show up in the Pick Interface (See section Using Easy Order Pick & Pack). We set this default at “Picking order” which means the status of the order will become “Picking order” as soon as the “picker” starts picking. You only have to configure this option when you decide to split the Pick & Pack processes. Configure this setting to " Picking order "
- Order Status Ready for Pick/Pack
This is the order status for Pick and Pack mode. It defines which orders will show up in the Pick & Pack Interface (See section “Easy Order Pick & Pack Interface”). This section must always be configured. Most common settings are:
- When you decide to split the Pick & Pack processes set this at " Waiting for Order Packing " This means that the Packer will see the order as soon as the Picker has finished his / her job.
- When you haven’t split the process then this will be the first entry point after an order has been paid and is ready for shipment. Configuration depends on your specific order flow and order status settings. We have set this default at “Processing” which is the default Magento setting for any paid order ready for shipment.
- Order Status During Pick/Pack
This is the order status for Pick & Pack mode. It defines which orders will show up in the Pick & Pack Interface (See section “Easy Order Pick & Pack Interface”). The default configuration setting is " Packing Order " which means that the status of the order will become " Packing Order " as soons as the Packer starts packing the order.
- Custom buttons
Two buttons have been configured by default.
- The " Ship button " this button will show up in the Pick & Pack interface and allows the orderpicker to ship the order in Magento directly via the Pick & Pack interface.
- The “Ship T & T button”, this button adds the possibility to add a Track & Trace code to the order (manually or with a barcode scanner) before shipping the order in Magento.
- Attributes for barcode check
This setting only applies when you actually use barcodes. Here you can define which product attributes will be checked when scanning the barcode of a product. Default setting for this SKU (the Stock Keeping Unit which is a default Magento product attribute). Note: the Pick and Pack extension does not automatically create barcodes for you. You can create barcodes with a barcode font.
- Barcode separator
This setting only applies when you actually use barcodes. Separating barcode is only necessary when you have assigned multiple barcodes to one product (e.g. this could be the case when your product comes from different suppliers which all have their own barcode). By seperating the barcodes with a separator the Pick & Pack extension can easily distinguish between the different barcodes.
- Autocomplete loginform
This setting allows you to set an autologin for the Pick and Pack interface, if set to “yes”. We set it default to “no” so you can decide yourself what suits best for you.
- Order Picker Actions
We created this option specifically to work with our Google CloudPrint PDF extension (https://genmato.com/google-cloud-print-for-magento-pdf-documents) and makes it easy to configure predefined actions like printing an order as soons as you’re ready with packing. Note to Magento back-end developers: you can easily create your own actions (events) which can hook upon the Easy Order Pick & Pack extension. Want to know how, get in touch with us [email protected]
Step 2: Create and setup a dedicated Order Picker User
Next you have to create a dedicated Order Picker User who will have sole access to the Pick & Pack user interface. The Genmato Easy Order Pick & Pack extension automatically creates the User Role " Genmato Order Picker " . You however must assign dedicated users to this Genmato OrderPicker Role to make sure that only the Easy Order Pick and Pack menu will appear when a Genmato OrderPicker logs in. This involves the following steps:
- Create a dedicated Order Picker user
- Assign the user to the Genmato OrderPicker role
- Configure the Order Picker Settings for this user
- Create a new Magento user
You can do this via System -> Config -> Users You newly created user might look like something like this:
- Assign the dedicated orderpicker user to the Genmato OrderPicker user role
- Configure the Order Picker Settings for your orderpicker user
Assign the user to one or more store views (only for multi store)
- Interface mode
Here you can choose the interface the user will see: a pick only interface or a pick and pack interface The idea behind this is to make it possible to split The Pick and Pack tasks between two users. A user who will only pick items from the shelves and another user that will only pack the orders. An efficiency saver, because one orderpicker can collect the same product for several orders, thereby reducing ‘walked pick miles or pick kilometres’ ;-)
- Order queue status
These are the order statuses that make an order available for Pick & Pack. The pick and pack user will only see orders with this status. Here you can override the default status that has been defined in the OrderPicker config settings
This is the time in which an order must be picked before it ‘s status is reset. This setting will override the OrderPicker config settings for this specific user.
We have made the Easy Order Pick & Pack extension as flexible as possible to make it fit in many situations we have encounterd in ecommerce practice. Should you however have doubts as how our extension could best be used in your warehouse setup and workflows, please note that we do offer paid Usage Training. You can choose this as a separate option when ordering the extension. For more information about the usage training send an email to [email protected] .
You can start up the Pick & Pack interface from your smartphone or tablet by logging in as a Magento admin user with the Genmato Orderpicker User Role. For instructions how to create an Genmato Orderpicker user see " Step 2: Create and setup a dedicated Order Picker User " in the previous section. And uhhmmm yes , we changed the default Magento login screen to fit mobile devices as well, hope you don't mind, it's optimized for touch and we believe it even looks better than the Magento default ;-) !
You're now in the Pick & Pack Interface and will notice 4 tabs:
- The Pick Tab
The Pick Tab is the actual tab you will be using when you start picking the order. Here you will actually update the picked quantity. The tab provides the following product details:
- the location of the product (provided you added a shelf location for the product, see previous section)
- the SKU
- Quantity Needed: the order quantity
- Quantity Picked
- Collo (package) Quantity for the order: the default quantity will be shown first you can easily adjust this with the slider.
- The Stock Tab
The Stock Tab will show you up to date details of the current (available) stock and allows the picker to adjust the actual inventory quantity in case there is a difference between real inventory and the inventory quantity in Magento.
- Stock Qty:
This is the quantity that should be left in stock after all orders for this SKU have been picked. Here you can also adjust the actual inventory in case the Picker notes there is a difference between the actual stock and the stock level in Magento. The far left + and minus signs adjust quantities by 10 the inner + and – signs adjust the quantity by 1.
This is the quantity reserved for this SKU by other orders (excluding the order quantity for the current order).
- Product image
We added this as a double check for the order picker to minimize shipping errors.
- Stock Qty:
- The Order Tab
The Order Tab shows you all order details, and the quantity picked.
- The Items Tab
The Items Tab will show you the ordered items, in this tab you can switch between items by tapping on the specific product. As soon as you have tapped a specific item you will automatically be redirected to the Pick Tab for the selected product. Notice that products that have not yet been (fully) picked show a red background color.
- Open the order in the Pick & Pack interface, after hitting the start button, the first order from the cue of orders that are ready to be shipped will appear right away. Products in the same shelf location will automatically appear after each other in the Pick & Pack interface so that you automatically will walk the most efficient Warehouse route for your order.
- Pick the quantity from the shelf location and adjust the Qty picked in the Pick Tab by swiping the Quantity picked slider to the right.
- Repeat this for every product. Switch to the Items tab and click the product you want to Pick & Pack next. You will notice that the items that have been (completely) picked have turned into green.
- After you picked all items you can complete the pick & pack process by clicking on one of the Ship buttons below:
- The Ship Button directly completes the shipping step within Magento
- The Ship T & T button allows you to add a Track and Trace code before you proceed to shipment.
After an order has been shipped, the Magento Sales Order View will show the Pick and Pack details in the Order Picker Collo Qty tab. ... and the order will show as shipped in the Shipment Tab from the Order Details. Congratulations: you have just shipped a Magento order with your tablet or smartphone directly from your warehouse location ;-)Back to top